Monday, April 22, 2013

Oh. My. God... Becky! Look at that yarn!


It is so stilon. It looks like one of those 80s yarns. Yeah... you get the joke:P

Anyways, I got this wonderful stash of yarn as a gift a few days ago. It's in those amazing 70s/80s colours that try really hard to look like natural pastel colours, but just end up looking like an LSD rainbow that's been vomited by a demented zombie unicorn. Unfortunatelly, my camera is not good at showing real colours, so you'll have to combine this photo, my description and your imagination to get the general idea how awfully wonderful those colours are.

Also, I had to do some research on this yarn. It's stilon yarn, 100% polyamide. And that means it's almost indestructible! It was produced in People's Republic of Poland in the 80s, so there's a chance that it's actually older than I am. Fun fact - on the label, in the "colour" box, it just says "unique".

Now, I just need to think what to do with this retro treasure...


Cheers,
Luke Crochet

No comments:

Post a Comment