Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The Derpy Birds Trilogy

Last weekend I had some extra time on my hands and I decided to make a simple crochet pattern with a strong focus on adjusting the shape. By regulating increases and decreases, I got this really nice bird shape. I enjoyed it so much that I decided to experiment with different versions of it. My absolutely favourite one is the yellow bird with a long trunk-like beak. Here comes - the Derpy Triplets:
Those birds are worked in a spiral, the eyes are embroidered and only the wings are sewn on. I'm planning on making a proper pattern in PDF with good quality pictures of the most important steps, including changing colours of yarn, sewing the eyes on, making the wings and the tail. Hope it works out just fine.

Cheers,
Lukash

No comments:

Post a Comment