Monday, February 25, 2013

Evolution of a crochet pattern

I don't know if all crocheters work this way, but as soon as I finish a new project, I immediately think about changes that would make the newly finished crochet look even better. With bigger projects that would be very time and yarn consuming. That's why I love crocheting tiny objects and making improved versions until I feel it's as good as it can ever be.

A perfect example of that process is the skull pattern that I was working on some time ago. Here's the first version:
And then I started experimenting - number of crochets in the first round, the finish off, the number of rounds and so on. Here's the complete "evolution" of the skull pattern (the rightmost skull is the final version):
BTW the skull pattern is the main part of my upcoming crochet project. It's something new and it's not yarn-only. I should finish it this week, so I'll post it here and on my deviantART profile and Etsy shop.

As usual, feel free to leave me a comment and maybe say if you too enjoy "evolving" your crochet projects.

Cheers,
Lukash


No comments:

Post a Comment